Downtown Greensboro, NC

Downtown Greensboro, NC

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Festival Italiano




I'm an Italian-American originally from NY, we moved to FL for a few years and now live in Greensboro. I was so excited when I read that Downtown Greensboro was going to be sponsoring an Italian Festival, the 2nd annual. Of course, whatever was originally scheduled for Sunday, 10/17/10, was scrapped to make room for us to fit this festival in. I was admittedly shocked by how small it was initially (come on, if you've ever been to the Feast of San Gennaro in NYC, you'd understand).......we went from the Cheerwine truck, to the wine booth, a taste of pizza, then a sausage and pepper sandwich, topped off with an Italian ice. Oh, how I really wanted to partake in those irresistible looking Cannolis......but I didn't. Oh well, there's always next year....this little festival had alot of heart and I'm so looking forward to watching it grow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment